The sixth week of work since I got Steam Green-lighted has come and gone. So as promised, here is a weekly update on the progress towards the Steam release of The Little Crane That Could.
This week I added two new levels, bringing the total level count to six. Both levels involve operating the crane, as opposed to a bulldozer or excavator. I also created a truck for hauling cargo. And I've spent a lot of time tweaking the soil simulation. For instance, merging back the soil particles in the terrain has been improved, so that the resulting terrain is smoother, with less hard edges. The quality of the soil simulation is getting close, but is still not ready for release.
A lot of work remains to be done. I want to release with a minimum of 8 levels, so I need to create at least two more. I need to look into the Stream SDK, and integrate it into my game. I need to create a convincing sound for the pickup truck, as currently it sounds like a diesel bus from London. And there are a lot of other loose ends to be tied up.